Our Store Hours
Monday - Saturday 9:00am - 5:30pm
Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm Shipping Information
October 29, 2019
Nothing beats the winter blues better than a body warming, toe tingling and zippy mug of hot chocolate. We’ve crafted the perfect combination of Rheo Thompson Candies dark chocolate spiced with our sweet Ginger syrup and topped with a rich whipped cream and chunks of our Candied Ginger. This recipe definitely takes hot chocolate to the next level!
If you would like a vegan version of this hot chocolate, swap the milk for an alternative like coconut milk or almond milk, change the whipped cream to a vegan version (here is a great recipe for Coconut Whipped Cream – yum!) and our dark chocolate contains no dairy.
½ c finely chopped Rhéo Thompson Candies Dark Chocolate Buds (about 8 buds)
1 ½ c milk (you can substitute equal amounts of almond or coconut milk for a vegan version)
1 tsp Rhéo Thompson Candies Ginger Syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Pinch sea salt
2 to 3 finely chopped Rhéo Thompson Candies Candied Ginger pieces
1. Finely chop Dark Chocolate Buds and place into a heat proof bowl.
2. Heat milk just until it begins to simmer and remove before it comes to a boil.
3. Carefully pour milk over the chocolate and whisk until chocolate has melted.
4. Add Ginger Syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Mix. If you really enjoy ginger, add extra syrup for more of a kick!
5. Slice 1 piece of Candied Ginger and rub along the rim of the glass.
6. Slowly pour your hot chocolate into your glasses.
7. Top with whipped cream, chopped Candied Ginger and grated dark chocolate.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag #rheothompsoncandies and #sweettalk.
Wow. Try the mint smoothies. You'll be amazed at how good these things are. I dare you to stop at one! They have hundreds of other great candies of all kinds. Worth a drive to Stratford just to visit an amazing small scale local landmark.
Brad K, Google
I live in Stratford and I have family who come to visit from the States and that's the first place they want to go when they come. I can honestly say that they are the best chocolates I've ever had. It's worth the trip!
Diane T, TripAdvisor
Simply put, the best candy store I’ve ever been to. The mint smoothies are, in my opinion, practically perfect candy. Highly recommended.
Matt W, Facebook